You must be interested in the Best Home Remedy For Dark Underarms for lightening your underarms. If your skin has darkened from high exposure to heat, deodorants, shaving, or other cosmetic irritants. You can also use lotions with ingredients targeting discoloration, like hydroquinone or natural home remedies.
Like other body parts, the underarm’s skin gets darkened or discolored. Underarm skin darker than the rest of the body’s skin color can embarrass some people from dressing in sleeveless shirts or bathing suits in public or participating in sports.
Read our “Best Home Remedy For Dark Underarms” to learn about possible reasons for dark underarms and various home remedies and treatment methods.
What are the causes of Dark Underarms?
There are several reasons your underarms get darken over time. Some of them include the following:
- Chemical burning irritants in antiperspirants and deodorants
- Irritation and scratching caused by underarm shaving
- The collection of dead skin cells due to occasional exfoliation
- Friction caused by narrow and tight clothes
- Hyperpigmentation and sunburn, such as an increase in the body’s melanin
- Melasma, or dark area patches on the skin
- Acanthosis nigricans, a skin hyperpigmentation disorder that’s associated with diabetes, overweight,
- Abnormal hormone levels, and PCOS
- Other body skin disorders that can cause darkening, like Fox-Fordyce (a skin disorder in which apocrine
- Sweat is tangled with resultant inflammation) disease
- Erythrasma, a bacterial skin infection
- Addison’s disease, which can occur when you have a damaged adrenal gland
- Smoking, which increases hyperpigmentation
Your beginnings towards lighter underarms
If you want to lighter your underarms, here are the Best Home Remedy For Dark Underarms you can take to manage some basic causes of dark underarms:
Change your Deodorant or Antiperspirant
Seek out a different brand. Natural remedies and ingredients like baking soda or apple cider vinegar exfoliate the skin and are good for keeping your skin alive. Some people may also prefer to stop using deodorant or antiperspirant altogether to avoid irritation and hyperpigmentation.
Stop Shaving your underarms
It is always preferred to stop shaving your underarms. Choose waxing the underarms or try laser hair removal for best results.
To exfoliate the skin, gently use a gentle body scrub on the underarms or exfoliant on the required area twice to three times per week. Since the underarm skin is sensitive and delicate, opt for an exfoliant for sensitive skin. You can even use a face exfoliant or Best Home Remedy For Dark Underarms.
Wear loose-fitting Clothes
As we already know, the underarm skin is sensitive and requires more attention than other body parts. To avoid irritation and scratching, stop wearing tight clothes as they can scratch the skin.
Try to quit smoking if you do
Smoking is considered the most serious cause of dark underarms; you have often seen people with dark lips who smoke cigarettes. This is also the same for underarms. Try to stop smoking, or if you’re addicted, limit the cigarettes to 2 daily.
What are the best home remedy for Dark Underarms?
Many people choose Best Home Remedy For Dark Underarms lighting. Advocates of natural remedies suggest using several ingredients with natural bleaching effects, including:
- Potato is a known natural bleaching effector. Grate one potato and squeeze the juice.
- Apply the potato juice to your underarms with a cotton bud.
- Let it absorb for 10 minutes.
- After exactly 10 minutes, rinse your underarms with cool water.
Milk, Rosewater, and Orange peel
- Mix one tablespoon of milk and rose water with ground orange peel to make a thick, gentle paste.
- Then, gently exfoliate your underarms with the paste and leave it on for about 15 minutes before rinsing it with cool water.
- Repeat the process two to three times per week as Best Home Remedy For Dark Underarms.
- Get one lemon and cut thick slices.
- Rub the slices on your underarms for 5 to 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, wash your underarms with cool water, dry them, and apply a hydrating moisturizer.
Turmeric and Lemon
- Take some turmeric and a lemon.
- Mix two to three tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and turmeric to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste and set it for 20 to 30 minutes to your underarms.
- After exactly 30 minutes, gently wash the paste with lukewarm water.
Egg Yolk Oil
- Before going to bedtime, gently massage egg yolk oil onto your underarms.
- Then, the next morning, clean your underarms with pH-balanced body wash or soap.
- Coconut oil acts as a gentle cleanser for your body.
- Massage coconut oil onto your armpits and set it for 15 minutes.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, exfoliate your underarms with lukewarm water and a body wash.
- Repeat the process two to three times per week.
Tea Tree Oil
- Mix a few drops of natural tea tree oil with a few ounces of water in a small spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture on your dry underarms daily after your shower or bath. Let it dry naturally.
Medical treatments for dark underarms
If a skin condition causes your dark underarms, or if you prefer an intense treatment, a skin doctor or dermatologist might suggest medical treatments including:
Whitening creams or hydrating lotions containing chemical ingredients like:
- Azelaic acid
- Retinol or tretinoin (retinoic acid)
- Kojic acid
A treatment known as chemical peels with alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) and beta hydroxy acids (BHAs) is best to gently exfoliate the skin dermabrasion or microdermabrasion to cleanse the skin thoroughly.
Laser Therapy to remove pigmentation
If you’ve been diagnosed with erythrasma, your doctor will likely prescribe one of the following:
- A topical antibiotic, like erythromycin or clindamycin (Cleocin T, Clinda-Derm)
- An oral antibiotic, like penicillin
- Both a topical and an oral antibiotic
What are the Potential risks of Lightning Treatments?
Best Home Remedy For Dark Underarms treatments to lighten the skin may cause mild side effects that go away with time. Strong reactions are rare unless you use a product you did not know you were allergic to.
For Best Home Remedy For Dark Underarms: Any time you apply a product to your skin, even a natural one like food, there’s the potential for skin irritation. First, apply the product to a small patch of your underarm skin to avoid possible irritation. If you do not have a negative skin reaction within 48 hours, apply the product to the underarm.
Like those in skin care products, powerful acids can irritate the skin. They can also lead to other reactions, including redness and sun sensitivity. Some acids may even make your dark underarms worse. If your doctor prescribes a cream or lotion, follow the instructions carefully. Leave the products on your skin for as long as is recommended.
Dermatological procedures and other forms of skin injury or irritation may cause a reaction known as post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH). Side effects of PIH include:
- Dry skin
- Further skin discoloration
If you’re concerned about the skin of your underarms being darker than the rest of your skin, discuss it with a healthcare professional or use Best Home Remedy For Dark Underarms. The discoloration may be the result of a medical condition. If your darkened underarms do not result from an underlying condition that needs medical treatment, talk with the doctor about some alternatives for lightening underarms.
Hyperpigmentation can often be difficult to treat, especially in people with darker skin. It may take months before you see results. Be patient as you and your doctor work to find the Best Home Remedy For Dark Underarms.